Black beans are one of our favorite foods. We always have a huge bowl of them ready in the fridge whenever we need it.
We usually cook up a big batch of them – see how here – and we use it up throughout the course of a week.
Lately, Todd’s been using them up to make refried beans – and his recipe is SO good! He made them up this morning for us and we took some pictures along the way.
- 1 cup black beans
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan over medium-low.
- Add the beans and add the almond milk.
- Continuously, mix & mash the beans with a fork until you get a creamy consistency. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Mix in salt & garlic powder.
- Serve w/ something yummy!
We ate our refried beans with scrambled tofu with turmeric, salsa, crispy tortillas, and avocado. It made a great breakfast tostada that was wholesome, nutritious, and filling.