Who says vegans can’t enjoy a good breakfast sandwich? Not me!
Here’s a simple recipe for marinated too + how to combine it with the best ingredients to give you a flavor packed, juicy, all-vegan sandwich.
Easy Marinated Tofu Breakfast Sandwich
- tofu slice (a thin, half inch thick piece)
- soy sauce (3-4 tbsp)
- soy chorizo (1/4 cup)
- oil (2 tbsp)
- sourdough bread (cut in half)
- vegan cheddar or american cheese (1 slice)
- tomato (2 slices)
- spinach (a handful)
- red onion (a thin slice)
- avocado (1/4 smashed)
- hot sauce
- In a rimmed dish / container, lay tofu piece flat & add soy sauce on top. Carefully, flip over the tofu a few times to make sure it can completely absorb the soy sauce. Let sit for 15-30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat oil in a large pan / skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully, add tofu – you do not need to add the extra sauce from the container.
- Let the tofu fry for 7 minutes per side.
- Then, raise heat to medium-high and add the soy chorizo on top of the tofu. Let this fry for 3-4 minutes, then flip and let fry for 4 more minutes. You might have to move the chorizo around and keep adding it on top of the tofu – but it should stick after a while.
- Add slice of cheese and cover with a lid for a few minutes- allowing it to steam and melt.
- Next, toast your bread and start layering with toppings (tomato, onion, spinach, avocado). Carefully, add the tofu & drizzle on hot sauce.
- Top with the other piece of sourdough & enjoy! Also, feel free to modify or add other ingredients & toppings.
Share this recipe with your friends on Faceboook, Twitter, & Pinterest. And comment to let me know what you think – I’d love to hear your feedback!